Try It You'll Like It Kraut Casserole

This was ok. Again, I don't know why I put the seeds in it because I am not a fan of seeds but I guess I didn't want to rule it out without trying it. Anyway, I made this in the crock pot and the meat was great, really tender. I would just do without the seeds next time. Makes 8 servings.

INGREDIENTS
1 pound country style pork ribs
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup dry white wine (optional)
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon caraway seed
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 pound sauerkraut, drained
1 medium red apple - cored and diced
1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Season ribs with salt and pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook ribs, turning occasionally, until well browned on all sides. Add wine (if using), water, caraway seeds, and brown sugar; stir to dissolve sugar. Stir in drained sauerkraut, apple, and carrots, and transfer to a large casserole dish.
Bake, covered, in the preheated oven for 2 1/2 hours, adding water as needed to prevent drying out.

0 comments: