Porketta Roast

This wasn't my favorite but my husband really seemed to like it. In hindsight, I probably should ahve ground the spices together before rubbing them on the pork. Also, I'm not a big fan of fennel seed so I'm not really sure why I thought I would like this, haha. However the meat was super moist and juicy! Makes 5 servings.

INGREDIENTS
1 tablespoon dill seed
1 tablespoon fennel seed
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
4 pounds boneless pork roast

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
In a small bowl, combine the dill seed, fennel seed, oregano, lemon pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Mix well and apply to the roast. Place roast in a 10x15 inch roasting pan.
Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until internal pork temperature reaches 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).

0 comments: